Ling Road Firehouse located at 545 Ling Road is our newest firehouse with construction completed in 2012 replacing the original Lakeview fire station built in 1958. On May 7th 2012 we moved the apparatus into this new firehouse with this radio announcement (listen here). On June 16th 2012 the fire station was officially dedicated in the name of Robert Brindley, LSFD life member and past fire chief of the Lakeview Fire Company. This fire station covers the east end of the Lake Shore Fire District.
Long Pond Road Firehouse located at 1 Long Pond Road opened in 1986. This building was a constructed to serve two previous neighborhood areas of the Lake Shore Fire District ; Grand View Heights and Crescent Beach. The Grand View station formerly Lake Shore Station #2 station was closed in 1983 due to a fire as was the Crescent Beach station formerly Lake Shore Station #3. The former Station #2 was originally located at 225 Lowden Point Road and Station #3 was located at 1391 Edgemere Drive. This combination centralized station was the first full time staffed fire station of Lake Shore Fire District and called Headquarters'. In 1992, the fire station was officially re-dedicated after the first Fire Chief of Lake Shore and named the Charles L. Carroll Fire Station.
Station 3 is also home to the Lake Shore Fire District Wall of Honor.